Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Things must really happen in 3's

I have heard many times in my life that "bad" things can happen in 3's, I guess they really do.

1) Steve losing his job
2) I find out I have breast cancer
3) Losing my dear sweet Grandma Schiffman yesterday evening

I guess the hardest part is that all of this has happened within 3 months of each other. It has been a hard 3 months, but we are holding our heads up high, smiling and trying to stay positive.
I am so happy I was able to spend some one on one time with her just a week before. We chatted and I told her that I loved her. I will cherish all the memories I have with my grandma.

I said I would look for the positive in all trials. I know the positive is that my grandma is in a better place. She is with my loving grandpa, her parents. her daughter and so many other loved ones. We will all miss her so much.

I have chemotherapy scheduled for Thursday. I just hope I will feel well enough to attend the funeral. Attitude is everything right? I can do this!!



"Together Forever"
Beth R. Schiffman
OGDEN – Our loving mother, Beth Rallison Schiffman, 83, passed away on Monday, February 22, 2010 surrounded by her family at McKay-Dee Hospital.
Beth was born in Preston, Idaho to Cley Hull and Ida May Ellis Rallison on April 16, 1926. Beth was raised in Preston moving to Ogden, Utah in 1941. Beth graduated from Ogden High School in 1944.
She married Glen H. Schiffman on June 14, 1944 in Salt Lake City. Their marriage was solemnized April 18, 1963 in the Logan LDS Temple. Together, they raised four children. Glen died October 16, 2007.
Beth worked at the Internal Revenue Service and retired after 15 years of service. She enjoyed the many friendships she had with the “girls” from IRS.
She was faithful member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She recently became active in the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers.
Beth took great pride in her home and her yard. Her hobbies included genealogy, scrap booking, and shopping. Together, Beth and Glen enjoyed square dancing with the Whitney Whirlers in their earlier years. She enjoyed baking cookies and was a wonderful hostess.
Beth is survived by her children, LuAnn (Andrew) Kellett, West Haven; Alan (Debra) Schiffman, Ogden; Janice (Tom) Buck, South West, WY; 15 grandchildren, 37 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
She is also survived by her sister, Joann (Emmett) Trudel of Layton.
Preceding Beth in death were her husband, her parents, her brother, Blaine and her daughter, Karen S. Ball.
The family would like to thank the staffs at McKay-Dee Hospital, Crestwood Care Center, and Julie Lee for their loving support.
Funeral services will be held Monday at 11 a.m. at Lindquist’s Ogden Mortuary, 3408 Washington Blvd.
Friends may call at the mortuary on Sunday from 6 to 8 p.m. and Monday 9:45 to 10:45 a.m.
Interment, Lindquist’s Washington Heights Memorial Park, 4500 Washington Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment