Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Friday, February 12, 2010

Maddie's 6th Birthday



Today is my sweet baby daughter's birthday. She has been counting down the days. I feel badly that I am not feeling myself. She is being such a good sport about everything. We decided not to do a friend party considering all that is going on. She said she just wants to invite her friend Demi over and go play at McDonald's. So that is what we will do tomorrow. The kids all had Valentine parties at school today so she did get to have some sort of party. My family came over and we sang Happy Birthday and we ate cake. It was a happy day. I still remember 6 years ago going to the hospital to have her. She is my sweet little valentine. Happy Birthday Maddie!
I had the echo cardiogram today also. My heart is strong and healthy for chemo. Next Wednesday I have a follow up with the surgeon and I also have an appointment with my oncologist. He will decide when to start chemo. I have a feeling it will be the end of this week.
Right now I am very nervous. I still wonder how I will do this and still try to function as a mom, wife, teacher?

1 comment:

  1. happy b-day to maddie! I'm a big blog stalker so I'm glad you put it out on fb! (because now I can look and not feel a little guilty) I'm glad that you are writing your feeling down so that you can look back and see how far you've come. and maybe even help someone out! I think that you are a strong women and I look up to you! I'm very glad to be your friend! Please know that I'm thinking of you and if you need help with your kids, let me (or 100 other people know) Can't wait to keep reading your blog! Love you! Kim

    ReplyDelete