Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am so blessed


One day I came home from school and Steve told me to go look in our bedroom. To my surprise he had been saving all the cards and letters we have received the past several weeks from so many people. He had taped them to the wall next to the bed. Not my choice in decor, but what a sweet gesture. I was so touched. He had also printed a whole bunch of positive sayings. He said. "I know during chemo you will be sick in bed a lot and I thought these things may cheer you up to look at." He was right. I was looking at them just today and realized how blessed I truly am. I have so many people praying for me. So many people helping me. So many people just giving me that extra support I need. So many people making dinner for us, buying us things. How can I ever repay everyone? I know that when I beat this, that someday I may need to return the favor for someone else, to look for ways to help others around me. I know that helping and serving others is the best way to feel closer to the Lord.

So if you are one of those, which all of you are, thank you so much for all you have done for my family. It is appreciated so much. We thank the Lord everyday for so many caring people sent to us to help us. We love each and every one of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment