Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Friday, February 19, 2010

Bitter Trials

I really like the quote "What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessing in disguise." I have really thought about the bitter trials I have been faced with in the last few months and I now realize that some are actual blessings. Last December we faced the first of our trials as a family. Steve was laid off from his job. Yeah I know! What a huge trial to face. We thought so too. For most people that is big enough, but no we have to have 2 major trials. Looking back I know for a fact that Heavenly Father knew that I would need my dear husband here by my side holding my hand, taking care of me. He also knew that with Steve being home my stress level would go down. I am able to cope with things better. I know one thing for sure, I am really getting spoiled. I haven't done laundry in 3 months! I know you are all jealous...it is wonderful!

I realize also that Heavenly Father sent my student teacher. Last summer my good friend, who was also my past neighbor, called me about being my student teacher. Usually you can't pick who you have to student teach in your class. It is assigned by the district office. However I went ahead and asked my principal and she made it happen. Angie started January 5th. I was diagnosed January 20th. Coincidence...I don't think so. It was again Heavenly Father sending me a support system I truly need right now. There are many days at school I would break down in tears. I still do, Angie is there to step in. All this time I have to be away from my dear little first graders, Angie is there to love them as much as I would. I know for a fact she was sent to me to help me through this trial. Again a blessing in disguise. So now when I am faced with a trial I am going to look for the blessings that come from it!
A friend of mine also gave me this quote by Richard G. Scott that I like. "When trials are not consequences of our disobedience, they are evidence the Lord feels we are prepared to grow more."

1 comment: