Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Monday, March 1, 2010

The First Weekend

This weekend is finally over. I just have to say it was rough. I thought that maybe the side effects of the chemo were not going to be so bad, however I was wrong. Thursday night I began to feel the chemo kick in. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I went to bed early and slept for about 12 hours. Friday I didn't feel much better. I then had to go into the doctor's office feeling yucky to get my Neulasta shot. This shot is meant to build the white blood count back up. The shot itself didn't hurt but the side effects are not so fun either. White blood cells are made within the bone marrow and so the all bones themselves ache. So for the last 3 days I have felt like I had the major flu. My symptoms so far have been, body aches, leg cramps, fatigue, nausea, head aches and mouth sores. Hopefully next round will be better since I know what to expect. But then again I may just get sick in the car on the way to the doctor's office because I know what I am in for. 1 round down...7 to go!

Today I do feel much better. It was a good day despite the fact it was the day we buried my grandma. It was a beautiful service with beautiful weather. I will miss her dearly, but now I know I have one more angel watching over me.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you had such a rough week. My heart goes out to you in the passing of your Grandmother.
    7 more to go is going to seem like a very long time and it will probably get worse, but you seem to be so positive and up beat. Keep that going and it will go by super fast.
    How are the mouth sores? I am sure they gave you some but they have this mouth wash that helps for that. Doesnt taste the best but sure makes it possible to eat something. If only for it to come back up ;).
    Hang in there.
    Thinking of you often
    tracy

    ReplyDelete