Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2nd round of chemo...ugh!

Last Thursday I went to the doctor's office for my 2nd round of chemo. 2 down 6 to go!! After having so many "interesting" things happen every time I go to the doctor's office, I thought I need to write some of these down, at least for a little laugh. This time when I walked in, the receptionist was very friendly and right away got my chart. I was thoroughly impressed that she already knew my name without me telling her. After signing in, she then informed me that we had an outstanding balance of $622.00 and that $4500.00 was still pending. She wondered if we wanted to pay the balance. Wow I thought after just one treatment. I can't imagine what our balance will be after having a total of 8 treatments. So after a huge "gulp" I told her we would just be making a payment today. Steve however wanted to pay at least half the amount. I am glad I didn't listen to him because a few minutes later the receptionist came back horrified, informing me that she had given me the information from another patient's chart. I did chuckle a little since I had just made a payment for someone else. She then told we just needed to pay a regular co payment. So for now I can happily report that we actually have a credit at one of my doctor's offices. :)

Chemo round #2 was very rough. I went in on Thursday morning and by that afternoon I was SICK. Last treatment I wasn't sick until the 3rd day so I was hoping for the same result. I was not so lucky. This treatment hit me faster and much harder. I was very nauseated. My symptoms along with the nausea included vomiting, leg cramps, head aches, body aches, mouth sores and total fatigue. It has been almost a week and I am still very queasy. I am hoping that this was just a bad round and that next time it will be easier. I have heard that treatments get worse each time, but I am still crossing my fingers that it will get better.

3 comments:

  1. I just had a little crash course on patients privacy rights and can only imagine the receptionists face when she realized she had opened and talked about the wrong file. I am sure she will be asking names from now on!
    Lots of hugs for you. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers Dani. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. Give Steve our love as well.
    dallin and Rhonda Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Dani. I wish I could say something that would help, but nothing I say will, so for now just know that even though I still have not meet you I think of you and your family often and pray for you guys. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete