Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Friday, June 11, 2010

6th Treatment


I had my 6th chemo treatment on Monday, the second round of Taxotere. Only 2 more to go. This treatment seemed to go a little better than the first because this time they gave me the Benedryl differently so I didn't have involuntary muscle spasms in my legs. The doctor also put me on a steroid to help with the skin burns I had last time. And as of today, no burns! But the worst part is because of the steroid I want to eat all the time, and I feel like doing nothing. So I am sure I will probably pack on the pounds. Taxotere along with my immunization shot makes my whole body ache from head to toe. It is 10 times worse than the aches from the flu. I take pain meds for the achiness, but it doesn't seem to help. Mostly I just rest all day because it hurts to do anything else. But thank goodness it is summer and I can rest.

My kids have been wonderful to help. They are at my beck and call getting me anything I need. We have also been blessed with so many people helping our family with meals, rides to lessons, cards, phone calls, etc... Thank you so much for all the support that has been given to us. It makes it so much easier to focus on getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment