Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

7 treatments down, 1 more to go

Monday I had my 7th chemo treatment, the 3rd of Taxotere. It was actually quite uneventful. I guess that is a good thing. The doctor was detained at the hospital when I arrived so they took my vitals and sent me straight back to the chemo room. Usually I meet with the doctor first to talk about any problems that may have occurred. I guess several people had been sent straight back as well because the chemo room was very full. And because I had already taken 2 Benadryl before I left my house, I ended up napping in the recliner for an hour before my treatment was actually started. The nurses were definitely hopping that day. The doctor did end up visiting with me for a few minutes in the chemo room, but I didn't have much to report. Again I guess that is a good thing. So far this treatment has been about the same as the others. My symptoms are severe body aches, mostly my legs, fatigue, hot flashes, and a little nausea. The pain meds don't seem to help very much. I am just trying to be brave. I am looking forward to finishing chemo treatments. July 19th will be the last treatment. YAY! So far my surgery date has not been finalized. It will most likely be August 10, 11, or 12th in New Orleans. We are trying to coordinate 2 surgeon's schedules so it takes a little time. In all everything is going well. My hair has even started to grow back a little. Thanks again for all the love and support. We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment