Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The day of the biopsy

Today after the long weekend, I went to the hospital at 7:00 am to have the biopsy done. Had I known what I was in for I probably would not have gone through with it. I was put into the same room as the ultrasound. The nurses were very nice and tried to make it more comfortable for me. The Dr. had to numb the area before he could take a sample. Again had I known how painful it was going to be...ahhh. He was able to numb the area and then take some good samples. Just the sound of the machine and the size of the biopsy needle is enough to make me never want to do that again. I was bandaged and iced packed up and sent on my way.
Luckily Steve was able to go with me and drive me back to school. Today was a teacher work day with no students. I am so glad because I was in a lot of pain. There is no way I could keep 24 first graders in line while in so much pain. But at least it is over.
The results take 2 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment