Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love

Family...the ones you live with, laugh with, and love
Summer 2009

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mammogram Day...ugh

Today I went to the hospital to have the dreaded mammogram. The technician was very nice. She made me feel very at ease and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
After doing several pictures, I then went to a different room to have an ultrasound. The technician told me she was looking for any areas that looked abnormal. She had only been there for about 2 minutes and then said she would go get the doctor. I remember thinking. "That can't be good." The doctor came in and looked at the ultrasound but he didn't see anything that looked abnormal, just an area of shadowing. He looked at the mammogram and said that nothing abnormal showed up. But then he did an exam and could feel the mass I was concerned about. He could see and feel enough difference between the left and the right side that he was concerned. He decided that we should do a biopsy. I remember he said to me "if you were my wife I would want to know what that is and won't you feel better knowing?" I am so grateful to him for pushing the issue just a little more because I am someones wife, mother, daughter, and sister and I do need to know.

Biopsy is scheduled for January 19th..ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment